A Visa to enter Portugal is required for citizens of several countries. Please check with your travel agent or with a local Portugal Embassy/Consulate whether or not this applies to you.
In case you need a Visa, the Portuguese Consulate will request that you include in your application file a Visa Invitation Letter.
To get your letter, you are required to provide the following information:
- Email address
- Affiliation & Postal Address
- Paper ID number(s) and Title of Presentation(s), if you are presenting a paper
- If you are an IEEE Member, provide your IEEE Member Number
- The words Request for Visa Assistance in the subject field of your e-mail request to
The Visa Invitation Letter will only be issued to speakers or attendees who have paid their Registration Fee.
We will process your request and send the letter attached by e-mail.
Visa letters will state only the following facts:
- Conference title, dates and location;
- That the requester has paid the required registration fee in full.
- Optionally, if the requester is either a committee member, speaker or presenter
The content of confirmation letters is very strictly controlled. We regret that we are unable to provide letters for companions and spouses who may be accompanying attendees.
Attendees who need visas should apply for it to the respective consulate/embassy immediately.
For more information click here: https://www.visitportugal.com/en/sobre-portugal/info-util
In case you need the original be sent by post, there is a 25 EUR ($28 USD) mailing fee for hard copy requests.